When it comes to sleep, no one needs it more than children who are in their growing stage. Having proper sleep is extremely important for toddlers, which is why you need to have a toddler bed. Toddler beds are transitional beds that help you move your child from a crib to a bed. These beds usually have lower heights with safety guard rails. These beds are designed to meet the needs of every parent.
With so many beds in the market, it can be difficult to find the best toddler beds. There are many factors to consider while buying a bed for your toddler. This guide will help you choose the best toddler bed that can serve your toddler’s sleeping needs.
Editor’s Choice: Modern Nursery Perch Toddler Bed
Best with Side Table: Delta Children Abby Convertible Crib and Changer
Best Choice of Colors: Dream On Me Toddler Day Bed
Best Convertible Bed: Newton Domino Convertible Crib
Best with Canopy: Delta Children Canopy Toddler Bed
Best Design: Delta Children Plastic Toddler Bed
Travel-Friendly: hiccapop Inflatable Toddler Travel Bed
Top 7 Toddler Beds Reviews 2023
- Size: 53.5 x 29.5 x 21 in.
- Materials: birch plywood and eco-MDF
- Colors: white/brown
Other features: 250 lb max weight; for children up to age 6
As soon as your baby outgrows their crib, you need to get a toddler bed for them. The Modern Nursery Perch Toddler Bed is a great option for a toddler bed. This eco-friendly bed is made up of birch plywood. The bed covers an area of 53.5 x 29.5 x 21 inches which is an ideal size for a small toddler sized bed.
Known for their environmental-friendly options, Modern Nursery comes up with a lot of child-friendly products, with their Perch Toddler Bed being one of them. The bed comes with a low profile to provide easy access for your child to move in and out. The bed also comes with a security rail to prevent any accidents from happening.
- We liked that you can easily remove the guardrails on this bed during the day and have it function as a couch. This simple and stylish bed can look good in any bedroom, so you know that you can place it anywhere after your toddler outgrows the bed.
- While this toddler bed is definitely something that you should consider, we found that the bed can take quite some time to assemble. The bed also requires specific sized mattress that can fit in it.
- Size: 72.5 x 31.25 x 43.75 in.
- Materials: pine wood
- Colors: white; dark chocolate; grey
Other features: JPMA Certified; 3-position mattress height adjustment; convertible
Now that your baby has grown up, you probably need to bigger bed. This is where the Delta Children Abby Convertible Crib and Changer comes in. Offering a versatile design, the Delta Children Abby Convertible Crib comes with an attached changer for your ease. The bed covers an area of 72.5 x 31.25 x 43.75 inches so that it can fit in any room, easily.
Over the years, Delta Children has maintained its standards of providing high-quality beds for children. Their Abby Convertible Crib and Changer is made up of pinewood, extracted from New Zealand. The bed is also available in other color options.
- The great thing about this bed is its multi-functionality. You can interchangeably use the bed as a crib, toddler bed, daybed, and even a diaper/ clothes changer. The bed has been designed to meet all your daily needs. You can even adjust the height of the frame to accommodate your child’s growing size. The bed also comes with great storage space.
- Although this bed has all the features that one can ask for, it can only hold a limited amount of weight. Beyond 50 pounds, you would need to start looking for another bed for your child. The bed also requires quite some work while you are assembling.
- Size: 54.5 x 29 x 28 in.
- Materials: cherry wood
- Colors: espresso; black; natural; white
Other features: removable side safety guard rail; for children 18 months to 5 years old; 50 lb weight limit
If you are looking for an elegant-looking option for your toddler’s room, then you should consider the Dream On Me Toddler Day Bed in Espresso. The Dream On Me bed comes in sleigh style with a low profile for easy climbing. The bed comes with the following dimensions: 54.5 x 29 x 28 inches, that are ideal for a toddler-sized child.
Dream On Me is known for its high-quality beds. The Dream On Me Toddler Day Bed is made up of cherry wood from New Zealand. Not only is the frame of high-quality, but it is also extremely stylish. The bed also comes with guardrails that helps prevent your toddler from falling over.
- The great thing about this bed is that as soon as your toddler grows out of it, you can convert the bed into two chairs and a table using the conversion kit. The bed also meets all safety and emission standards, to make sure that it’s safe for your child to sleep on. We also liked that the bed is also extremely lightweight and can be moved around easily.
- While the bed has all the best features that one can ask for, it can only support up to 50 pounds. So, if your child grows beyond that weight, you would need to replace your bed.
- Size: 55.30 x 37 x 29.95 in
- Materials: beechwood
- Colors: white and natural
Other features: 3-in-1 convertible crib; GREENGUARD Gold certification; crafted in Italy; 2-year warranty
You can also have elegant-looking toddler beds with this Newton Domino Convertible Crib. This 3-in-1 convertible crib comes with a solid wood construction that adds a classic touch to your child’s room. The bed offers great and reliable quality as it has been crafted in Italy and comes with a 2-year warranty.
Over the years, Newton has made a name for itself in the bedding world. The company comes up with great-looking designs every season, with their Newton Domino Convertible Crib having one of the best designs. Not only this, but the bed is also safe for your child to sleep on, due to its low profile and side railings.
- With this bed, you don’t have to worry about constantly changing the bed for your ever-growing child. With just a screwdriver, you can convert the bed from a crib to a toddler bed as soon your child outgrows the crib. The bed is also very lightweight which makes it easy to move around.
- One downside for any parent would be the color. Since the bed comes in white color only, there are more chances of your toddler ruining it with their dirty hands. So you need to be extra careful with this bed.
- Size: 53.94 x 29.13 x 55.12 in
- Materials: alloy steel, plastic
- Colors: Disney Frozen / Disney Princess
Other features: JPMA certified; 50 lb weight limit; for ages 15 months and up
Every kid loves Disney, especially the Frozen movies, which is why the Delta Children Canopy Toddler Bed would be ideal for their rooms. This Frozen-themed toddler bed comes with a canopy that adds extra style to your toddlers’ bed. The bed covers an area of 53.94 x 29.13 x 55.12 inches.
Known for their children-friendly designs, Delta Children has been in the market for quite some time. The brand offers high-quality beds that are made to last for a long time. Despite being made up of plastic, the beds are JPMA certified and are safe for your children to sleep on.
- When it comes to safety, the Delta Children Canopy Toddler Bed ticks all the boxes. The side guard rails make sure that your kid does fall off while sleeping. The bed also comes with a low profile to make sure that it is easy for your toddler to climb in and out, making them feel independent.
- While the bed has many great features, not everyone might like the design, especially if they are not a Frozen fan. The bed is also a bit difficult to assemble as you will require some help during the process. The bed could also do with some extra storage space that is missing.
- Size: 53.94 x 29.13 x 26.18 in.
- Materials: alloy steel, plastic
- Colors: Cars; DC Super Friends; PJ Masks; Paw Patrol; Spider-Man
Other features: JPMA certified; 50 lb weight limit; for ages 15 months and up
Who said that toddler beds have to be plain and simple? With the Delta Children Plastic Toddler Bed, your child can have their favorite character in their room. The bed comes in all kinds of designs, including DC Super Friends, Paw Patrol, Toy Story, Cars, Spider Man, and so on. This 53.94 x 29.13 x 26.18 inches bed is great for your toddler.
Delta Children has made quite a name for itself for manufacturing the highest quality children’s bed. The brand is known for its stylish beds, and the Delta Children Plastic Toddler Bed is no exception. The bed comes with a low guard rail which helps protect your toddler from falling out.
- The Delta Children bed is made up of plastic, that is long-lasting and durable. This bed is ideal for kids who are 15 months and above. This JPMA-certified bed is also very safe for your children.
- Although this bed comes with many desirable features, assembling it can be a bit of a hassle. You would require some extra helping hands to help assemble this bed. The bed also has a weight capacity of 50 lbs. which might not be ideal for everyone.
- Size: 62 x 39 x 12 in.
- Materials: inlay-enforced vinyl
- Colors: grey; midnight blue; Tahitian blue
Other features: 4-sided safety bumpers; 310 lb weight limit; lifetime guarantee
If you travel frequently with a toddler, then you might need the hiccapop Inflatable Toddler Travel Bed with Safety Bumpers. This bed is not like the other beds on our list. This inlay-enforced vinyl toddler bed provides the same level of comfort as any toddler bed would, but it can be packed easily and taken anywhere.
Keeping traveling parents’ needs in their mind, hiccapop came up with this great idea of having compact beds for toddlers. The bed can easily be deflated for traveling purposes. The bed comes with 4-sided safety bumpers to make sure that your child remains safe anywhere that they sleep.
- This inflatable toddler travel bed can easily accommodate a weight up to 310 lbs. It is available in numerous color options including grey, midnight blue, Tahitian blue, and much more. The bed also comes with an air pump that you can take along for inflating the bed.
- Although it may not be like conventional beds, this inflatable bed is extremely useful and travel-friendly. However, some people might not enjoy the hassle of inflating and deflating the bed as it takes quite some time.
When Should Kids Transit to a Toddler Bed?
If you are confused about when to get a toddler bed for your child, here are some of the indicators for you to know when it’s time for you to go shopping:
- Your toddler can climb out of the crib easily
- Your toddler is unable to fit in the crib
- Your toddler feels uncomfortable while sleeping in the crib
- If you are expecting another baby and you need the crib for the new baby
- Your toddler is Trusted SourcePotty training: How to get the job done - Mayo Clinic www.mayoclinic.org and needs to go to the washroom often
Generally, the most important factor in transitioning to a toddler bed is your toddler’s size. Your child needs to sleep comfortably in a bed that is sufficient enough for their size. Most pediatricians recommend the transition when your child is approximately 35 inches tall.
Since your child will be moving a lot at this age, toddler beds are safer since they are at a lower height. The beds are safe and easy for your child to climb in and out of. You can even add rails for extra safety!
How to Pick the Best Toddler Bed
When it comes to sleep, having the right bed is extremely important. However, before you make this big decision, there are several features that you need to consider before buying a toddler bed. Here are some of those features:
Toddler beds are Trusted SourceWhat are the correct crib mattress dimensions? - Chicago Tribune www.chicagotribune.com as normal beds. In fact, they are smaller and shorter than most single-sized beds. However, these beds can accommodate the same sized mattress that you would use in a crib, for easy adjustment. With small size and low height, these beds allow the kids to climb in and out, independently. The low height also prevents any kinds of crashing incidents. Beds like Dream On Me Toddler Bed or Delta Children Plastic Toddler Bed provide you with low height and an ideal size for a growing toddler.
Toddler beds are made up of all kinds of different materials, including plastic and wood. When it comes to wooden beds, they look very stylish and elegant. Although wooden beds can be heavy, they are more durable and long-lasting than other beds. The Newton Domino Convertible Crib and the Dream On Me Toddler Day Bed are some of the few wooden beds mentioned in our list. On the other hand, plastic beds are easier to maintain and clean. Such beds are also extremely lightweight and can be handled easily. Delta Children offers some of the best toddler beds that you can buy. Choose your toddler’s beds material according to your requirements.
When it comes to children, especially toddlers, safety is vital when looking for a toddler bed. Many of the models mentioned above come with additional safety features like low height, guardrails, and much more. Beds like Newton Domino Convertible Crib and Delta Children Canopy Toddler Bed come with a railing that prevents your toddler from falling out.
While buying a toddler bed, you should also make sure that they are following all the required safety standards, like the CPSC and the ASTM. If your bed follows these standards, there are fewer chances for any hazards.
Since your toddler would be growing a lot during this time, it would be ideal for your toddler bed to be adjustable. Beds like Newton Domino Convertible Crib, Dream On Me Toddler Day Bed, and Delta Children Abby Convertible Crib offer great adjustability. These beds can easily be converted from cribs to toddler beds to accommodate your child’s growing needs.
While buying anything, durability is extremely important. If a bed is durable, you will be able to use it for a great amount of time and get your money worth it. Additionally, it helps you build trust towards the product.
Since children love being around colors, this is an important consideration while buying a bed for them. While most wooden beds come in classic colors like brown, white, black, you will have more color options when buying plastic beds. You can check with your child and get them the color that they would want in their room.
Generally, toddler beds come at affordable prices. But since there is a wide variety of beds available, the prices may vary for each of them. Additionally, if you need a toddler bed with more features and functions, the overall costs will increase as well. For a budget-friendly option, Delta Children Plastic Toddler Bed is a great option that you should consider. If you are willing to splurge, then you can opt for the Delta Children Abby Convertible Crib and Changer.
While prices and functions may vary for each bed, you have to look at what suits your budget the most.
When should a child move from a toddler bed to a single bed?
Are plastic beds safe for toddlers?
What is the weight limit of toddler beds?
By now, you should know everything that you need to know about the best toddler bed. According to our research, the best toddler bed for your child is the Modern Nursery Perch Toddler Bed. Not only is the bed stylish and durable, but the materials it’s made from are safe and sustainable, which makes your experience even better.
If you are looking for a premium option, then your best option is investing in the Dream On Me Toddler Day Bed. This bed is made up of high-quality wood. For a travel-friendly option, you can opt for the hiccapop Inflatable Toddler Travel Bed with Safety Bumpers. If you are looking for a plastic bed, then you should consider the Delta Children Plastic Toddler Bed.
We hope that this guide was extremely helpful for you. Here is to happy parenting!